Confrontation is not meditation. It is a technique used to provoke meditation, to get the mind off dead center.
Preparation for Meditation
- Find a place that will allow you to be quiet.
- Reduce body-turbulence.
- Do not fight Nature, but take a holiday from the whole Nature-game.
- Provide synthetic irritation to keep the mind working.
- Be aware of all obstacles, and Laws
Unless we examine the thought process simultaneously with intense psychological analysis, there is a chance that we may be sidetracked for long periods of time, meaning years
Levels of Meditation
- Remembering incidents of traumatic or reactive nature.
- Finding the final self among the many selves of voices.
- Analyzation of thought-processes.
- Going within. Employ whatever necessary.
from Richard Rose’s Meditation Papers